Blackjack, also known as seventeen-and-four, is one of the classic table games guaranteed to be found in every casino. The game enjoys enormous popularity, not just because of the simple rules. Suppose you win big with a mathematical trick called card counting. Learn more at https://yoju1.casino.
Rules of the game
Blackjack rules are relatively simple. You draw cards to reach 21 points or close to 21. If you go over, you lose. Let’s take a closer look at a classic game of Blackjack.
In Blackjack, each card has a specific value. The values are as follows:
2-10: equal to their stated value
J, Q, K: 10 points each
Ace: one point or 11 points. If you have a queen and get an ace, the ace counts for 11. If you have a five and an 8, the ace only counts for 1 point and not 11, as otherwise, you would exceed the 21.
The course of the game
As already mentioned, the game aims to reach 21. Now it’s down to the nitty-gritty. After each gambler has got the first card, the croupier starts asking what each player wants to do, starting from the player on the left. Here one has the following options:
- ask for another one; you simply say “card” for this.
- Fold: Do not take another one; simply say “stand”.
- Split, also called “split”: You split your hand, betting separately on each card and can ask for more cards. This is a good idea for two aces.
- Or double your bet (“double down”).
The way to win
You have exceeded 21 points with the second card, you have automatically lost. If you have less than 21 points, you remain in the match. And if you score exactly 21 with two digits, you have a good chance of winning.
But this depends on the dealer. When all players have decided on an option, the dealer himself draws a second card. This can have the following outcomes:
- the dealer reaches precisely 21 points – that means he wins, and all those who also got a Blackjack lose.
- He reaches 17 points or more and must stay at that value.
- He reaches 16 points or less and must draw another card. If he exceeds 21 points, he loses. And all players who can still play win.
- He reaches a different total, and the players with higher points win.
This is the course of a classic round of Blackjack, as you would play it in a casino. If you win, you get your bet back 1:1 as a profit and can bet again.